Here I am, the wise guy in terms of nutrition – more than 25 years ago I learned about Macrobiotic and in particular the subject of nutrition – it is mostly known for here in the west.
I took classes, threw or gave away all my food I had in my pantry and started over. Did this militantly for maybe a year till I learned that this life-style takes me out of my social life – as there was no more going out for dinner with friends. So I became a moderate, but today I still know and observe the wisdom of the yin and yang of nutrition….
…or so I thought. Until I found this little gem of detective deduction. Now I have to rethink…
THE FINAL WORD ON NUTRITION AND HEALTH
For those of you who watch what you eat, here’s the final word on nutrition and health. It’s a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.