Generally I believe that the ‘recession’ is mostly a self-fulfilling prophecy and don’t pay attention to it, in order not to support it – and thus make it more real.
But sometimes something funny comes along that just needs to be shared. The best way to break through such a non-constructive meme is laughter anyways, so let’s just enjoy these observations…
The Recession hits everybody as you see in the following facts:
- I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
- CEO’s are now playing miniature golf.
- Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.
- A stripper was killed when her audience showered her with rolls of pennies while she danced.
- I saw a Mormon polygamist with only one wife.
- If the bank returns your check marked “Insufficient Funds,” you call them and ask if they meant you or them.
- McDonald’s is selling the 1/4 ouncer.
- Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America.
- Parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their children’s names.
- My cousin had an exorcism but couldn’t afford to pay for it, and they re-possessed her!
- A truckload of Americans were caught sneaking into Mexico .
- A picture is now only worth 200 words.
- When Bill and Hillary travel together, they now have to share a room.
- The Treasure Island casino in Las Vegas is now managed by Somali pirates.
- Congress says they are looking into this Bernard Madoff scandal. Oh Great! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear!
- I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called the Suicide Hot-line. I got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.